I may be interested, do I fulfil the requirements?
ICM scholarships are highly selective, you may be eligible if:
- You are an academically excelling student and highly motivated to have an international experience
- You have an excellent command of English (no Dutch required) – to give you an indication: TOEFL 92 IBT or IELTS 6.5
- You have found an interesting program at Groningen (a researcher at one of our Faculties and/or a program open to receive exchange students in their courses)
Additionally, we believe it is important that:
You have an interest in academic research, and consider to enrol in a master’s or PhD program after you finish your undergraduate degree (in case you are an undergraduate student). See the University of Groningen website for an overview of our educational offer and research focus, and the University Medical Center Groningen research overview for those interested in biomedical sciences.
You need a scholarship to undertake your mobility
I am still interested, what do I need to do?
- Make sure that the program of your interest/research is actually offered by the University of Groningen or University Medical Center Groningen
- If you want to engage in research: look for a research supervisor at Groningen who is willing to pre-accept you and enclose a letter of pre-acceptance from the Groningen supervisor with their application
- Make sure that your home university supports your application by contacting the International Office
- Upload all the documentation for your application via this website and before the deadline. How to apply? Click here
- The obligatory documentation includes a strong letter of motivation of preferably a maximum of 500 words. This letter is extremely important in the selection of grantees. For more details about the motivation letter click here