There are a number of documents you need to collect to successfully submit your application. You can read about them below. Prepare yourself well, start in time, and keep in mind the application deadline for the specific call in which you apply. We also recommend that you do not to leave the submission of your application down to the last minute in order to avoid complications.
Documents 2017 undergraduate exchange students
Obligatory standard documents you should upload as an undergraduate applicant:
- Transcript of Records (= list of grades)
- Copy of passport (personal data page)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS are in any case accepted)
- Nomination Letter of UNAM International Office
Obligatory documents that require your close personal attention:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation (very important)
Obligatory documents in case of a research stay:
- Letter of Acceptance University of Groningen supervisor
- If you also have an UNAM research supervisor, enclose a Letter of Recommendation from that supervisor
Obligatory documents in case of coursework:
- Course programme, i.e. indicative listing of exchange courses to be taken during the exchange programme. Note: the availability of exchange courses is subject to changes. The study programme will only be finalised once you have been selected for the ICM scholarship. Use this template
Optional documents in case of research and/or coursework
- Socio-economic analysis: the main objective of the ICM mobility programme is to not only award excellence, but also provide the financial support to those who need it most. If you feel you belong to this category, you may choose to upload documents to facilitate our analysis.
Note that, in accordance with the priorities set by UNAM and Groningen, the selection procedure for ICM scholarships favours those candidates who have also taken into account the longer-term cooperation potential between our institutions. This means that in practice, (the inclusion of) research in your academic plan is highly valued.