There are a number of documents you need to collect to successfully submit your application. You can read about them below. Prepare yourself well, start in time, and keep in mind the application deadline for the specific call in which you apply. We also recommend that you do not to leave the submission of your application down to the last minute in order to avoid complications.
Documents master's exchange students
Obligatory standard documents you should upload as a Master's applicant:
- Transcript of Records (= list of grades) in Portuguese with your own translation to English. No official translation to English is required.
- Copy of passport (personal data page)
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge ESOL (CAE & CPE), or PTE Academic 63
- Nomination Letter of USP International Office
Obligatory documents that require your close personal attention:
Obligatory documents in case of a research stay:
- Research Plan: outline of your research project & time line (no particular format)
- Letter of Support of your supervisor and the coordinator of your USP postgraduate programme: use this template
- Letter of Acceptance University of Groningen supervisor (no particular format)
Obligatory documents in case of coursework:
- Course programme, i.e. indicative listing of exchange courses to be taken during the exchange programme. Note: the availability of exchange courses is subject to changes. The study programme will only be finalised once you have been selected for the ICM scholarship. Use this template.
Note that, in accordance with the priorities set by USP and Groningen, the selection procedure for ICM scholarships favours those candidates who have also taken into account the longer-term cooperation potential between our institutions. This means that in practice, (the inclusion of) research in your academic plan is highly valued.